The European Wallball Tour is a standardised circuit of wallball Open tournaments. Tournaments feature the same general framework, including the Pro Stop events for the top 16 players. The rest of the grades are suggested below, but we understand that different countries have to run things slightly differently sometimes for logistical reasons. To the right is an overview of each grade – take a look to see where you fit in.
Pro Tour Men’s & Women’s Format
- 16 players made up of the top 10 ranked players and 6 wildcards.
- Players will be invited to play by the organising committee. Wildcards will be invited and confirmed closer to the occasion.
- Players must confirm their attendance 21 days in advance of the tournament.
- Format =
- 4 pools of 4 players
- Top 4 players take the top spot in each pool.
- Players 5-8 randomised into 2nd position in the pools.
- Players 9-16 completely randomised into 3rd and 4th positions in the pools.
- Top 2 players from each pool progress to knock-out quarterfinals.
- 3rd place play-off for losers of semi-finals if possible.
- Ranking points are assigned for every tournament.
- Every player who enters a tournament will get a ranking point, even if you lose in the first round. Our players are our family and it means the world to us that you’ve given up your time to take part.
- The top 3 results from a player’s season counts towards their results.
- The season has no fixed beginning or end, it rolls – therefore each player’s top results are updated after each tournament.
- Players are therefore encouraged to play as many tournaments as possible.
- Results count for 3 years, but degrade after each year. In year 2 points are worth 66% and in year 3 they are worth 33%.
|9-16 with wins||1 win = 10, 2 wins = 15
|9-16 with no wins||1|
2 x group stage wins
1 x group stage win
0 x group stage wins
|Last 16 or 2 group victories||1|
|Last 32 or no group victories||0.5|